These are examples of the jury verdicts, settlements and published court decisions Fox & Fox has obtained. While each case is different and similar outcomes cannot be guaranteed, every case we take on will receive the same representation that has produced results like these.
Thompson v. NCO (2015)
Fair Standards Act Case
Chicago Auto Loans, LLC v. Yale Schiff, et al.
(Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, No. 2012 L 013652) – March 2016: trial court verdict of $1.4 million for civil fraud and punitive damages against defendant in connection with his scheme to secure auto loan funding through phony car titles.
Wistrom v. Black
Verdict against state agency director finding retaliatory transfer of disabled employee for opposition to race discrimination.
Elestwani v. Nicolet Biomedical
Verdict awarding $1.56 million and reinstatement for race discrimination and retaliation against sales manager.
Lawson v. Monroe County
Damages verdict in civil rights action for mentally disabled county jail inmate denied adequate treatment and kept in isolation cell
- $2.3 million recovery in a police shooting of young musician (news coverage)
- $1 million recovery plus reinstatement recovery for a high profile Illinois police chief in a retaliation case (news coverage)
- $1 million recovery plus reinstatement for a terminated college professor (news coverage)
- $2 million plus recovery in a will contest disputing right to and value of prize real estate
- 1.8 million recovery for employees’ claims of age discrimination in terminations by international corporation
- $5.9 million recovery in an intellectual property/trade secret dispute
- $3.7 million recovery in a wage and hour class action/retaliation dispute (news coverage)
- $2.35 million recovery in a whistleblower case
Rice Lake Harley Davidson v. LIRC
2014 WI App. 104
Wisconsin Court of Appeals case upholding an award of back pay and attorneys fees to female employee in a wage discrimination suit and applying the “paycheck accrual” rule to wage discrimination complaints in Wisconsin.
Blue v. IBEW
676 F.3d 579 (7th Cir. 2012)
U.S. Court of Appeals decision upholding jury verdict finding retaliation for opposing racially discriminatory hiring practices.
Culver v. Gorman
416 F.3d 540 (7th Cir. 2005)
U.S. Court of Appeals decision reversing dismissal of employee’s claim of retaliation for opposing sex discrimination by employer.
Culver v. Gorman
313 F. Supp.2d 930 (E.D. Wis. 2004)
U.S. District Court decision holding that employee was entitled to jury trial on disability discrimination claim.